Tuesday 11 October 2011

LilyPadz - The first breast pad to give me peace of mind

Introducing LilyPadz the first and only re-usable non-absorbent breast pad.



As a working, breastfeeding mummy the last thing I want to think about during work is am I leaking. Unfortunately this has happened to me while I was teaching a group of 15 year old boys, luckily I had a thick cardigan on that day and no one noticed, however I was still rather embarrassed and spent the next few weeks constantly in fear of it happening again.

So why buy LilyPadz instead of disposables. I found trying to find the right disposable breast pad a nightmare, I tried cheap and expensive ones, I found some too thin and others so thick it looked like I had put a sanitary towel in my bra and the breast pad ring is almost as bad as the wet patch! but worst of all  was when I found my daughter chewing on the glue from the back of a breast pad after a feed that's when I knew I had to find an alternative and found LilyPadz.

Here is what the simplylily website had to say:


LilyPadz are the revolutionary new alternative to traditional breast pads combining such unique features as flexibility, breath-ability, invisibility and "sticks to you ability" to provide the kind of protection every expectant and nursing mother needs.

LilyPadz reusable non-absorbent breast pads are the only breast pads that adhere to you and not your bra. LilyPadz unique design maintains pressure on the nipple and forms a non-absorbent barrier to prevent to prevent breast milk leakage.
No more inconvenient pad exchanges, and you and your clothes stay dry!

No Leaks. No Lines. No worries. 



As you can imagine this really appealed to me as LilyPadz seemed to offer everything I was looking for, so was very happy to be chosen to review them. when the package arrived I was amazed at how small and thin they were and happy to see they came in there own protective case that looks rather attractive, no more trying to find a place for a big box of unsightly breast pads especially when you have to keep them out of reach of a 10 year old and her friends (I once came into find they had used my breast pads to make themselves eye patches)




LilyPadz are made from silicone meaning they are soft and flexible as well as breathable. the silicone is smooth on one side and tacky on the other to hold the pad in place on the breast, they also have a scalloped edge preventing them from showing through clothing.



So how easy are LilyPadz to use, the answer very, you just flip the LilyPadz inside out over your nipple with the tacky side toward the skin. With a finger in the centre of the pad, firmly depress the nipple. With nipple in flattened position, smooth the edges of the LilyPadz down over the skin, making sure to smooth out any air pockets from forming underneath. Simply peel off to feed and re-apply after.
I found the LilyPadz felt weird when putting them on but after two minutes a couldn't feel them at all and felt comfortable all day, they even stopped the tingling feeling i get in my nipple towards the end of work when my breasts are ready to burst. 
LilyPadz can be used day and night and thanks to the way in which the pads are attached there is no need to wear a bra in bed this is something else I hate to do and felt so much more comfortable.
LilyPadz are easy to clean just use warm water and liquid soap or invest in some Lilywash and leave to air dry.
LilyPadz are re-usable but will not last forever and the life of LilyPadz varies from person to person but with proper use and care they can last for months, and when you think of the cost of disposable breast pads not only to your purse but to the environment LilyPadz are worth every penny.
Overall I found LilyPadz to be a fantastic product and would not hesitate to recommend to my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Not only does the lily padz keep me from leaking it also has helped with protecting the cracked nipples which are very painful at this point.

    lily padz

    ReplyDelete